Friday, July 20, 2012

Book Beginnings on Friday July 20, 2012



Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Gilion at Rose City Reader. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include  include the title and author so others know what you're reading.


Ghost Country (Travis Chase, #2)My Book Beginning to day is from Ghost Country by Patrick Lee.  Ghost Country is the second book in a Science Fiction series that started with The Breach.  As soon as I finished The Breach I put in a request for Ghost Country.  I just started it and so far so good.  

"Fifty seconds before the first shots hit the motorcade, Paige Campbell was thinking about the fall of Rome."

 

13 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Suspenseful! Now I'm wondering about what will happen next.

Thanks for sharing...and here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

Chris Thompson said...

I'll try not to think about the fall of Rome anytime soon if that's what's going to happen.

Here's my Book Beginning.

Juli Rahel said...

If those shots have the same effect as the fall of Rome had on society, then you are in for an intense read! ;)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!
Juli @ Universe in Words

Maria said...

Love the beginning! I'm going to have to check into this series.

Here's my Friday Meme

Bev Hankins said...

Uh-oh. Thinking a president is in trouble....


Here are my Friday Memes.

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Great beginning!

I love the pictures of your cats on the bookshelves, by the way!

Thanks for playing along with BBOF!

Kathy Martin said...

Nice beginning. I haven't read this series. Your enthusiasm makes me want to put it on my wishlist. Happy reading!

Amber said...

Wow. Now that's an opener. Something catastrophic about to unfold.

Good stuff.

Thanks for visiting!

test said...

Sounds epic!

Here's mine. Plus I have a giveaway of my featured book starting tomorrow: http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2012/07/friday-56-book-beginnings-lovely.html

wcs53 said...

Nice opening! I want to know what happens next. Here's my Friday post:
http://wcs53.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/book-beginnings-and-friday-56-the-flood-july-20/

Rowen said...

Sounds like an interesting start.

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Jo,

Great opening lines, although I have to say that I haven't thought about the fall of Rome in ..... how long!!

I would be a bit concerned that Doomsday is only four short months away though, a much more pressing concern.

I am thinking that this a series that really needs to be read in order, so it may be some time before I get around to it, although I am quite liking the sound of the third book, 'Deep Sky', so the series is definitely on my list.

Thanks for sharing,

Yvonne.

Book of Secrets said...

It does grab the reader's attention!